Rhetoric and Argumentation
Body Language and Speaking Style
The rhetoric seminar on 27 April 2019 in Vienna taught how to optimize one’s rhetorical
and communication skills. The participants enjoyed a theoretical and playful approach to
learning, with continuous analysis of their communication potential and personal
feedback from the trainer. The seminar focused on the following questions:
• How is my voice and speaking style?
• What are my strengths and where is there potential for improving my communication behavior?
• How can I optimize my conversational attitude?
• Which standard phrases do I use?
• What are the foundations of successful rhetoric?
• Which rhetorical styles and tools can I make use of?
• Which argumentation styles and rhetorical techniques will make me successful?
• How do I respond to the objections by the opposing party?
• How can I positively express negative aspects?
• How can I identify creative argumentation solutions?
• Should I take a “hard”, “soft” or “situational” approach to argumentation?
• Which sentences and words should I use?